Happy New Year! Wow, January 1, 2011. The year of the Emperor. It’s a pretty quiet, rainy, and fairly warm day here in my neck of the woods. Unusual for this time of year, unless the rain is of the freezing variety. All in all, a very “moderate” day to start the new year with. I can actually hear an occasional bird chip outside as my windows are cracked open. I’m sure it won’t last long though. This is January and Ohio after all.
With a brand new year starting today, and a new decade as well, there is lots of talk about closing out the old year. What better way to do that than with a Tarot reading? Perfect, in my opinion. Donnaleigh de LaRose of Donnaleigh.com, posted on her blog a Tarot spread specifically geared at closure for 2010. I thought I would give it a try.
- What were my biggest lessons in 2010?
- What am I most proud of from this past year?
- What were my biggest disappointments in 2010?
- What am I ready to let go of from this past year?
- What else do I need to do or say to be totally complete with 2010?
1. Six of Swords. – A better understanding of the emotional baggage we can carry around and how it affects us on a physical level.
2. Five of Cups -The ability to help others see and appreciate what they have, and not what they feel they may have lost.
3. The Star – That my optimistic outlook, on several levels, didn’t work out better than hoped.
4. Eight of Pentacles – Projects and or ideas that did not pan out or just never got started.
5. Queen of Wands – Leave behind what didn’t work, and look to the future for inspiration and creative thinking. Be more passionate about everything in my life.
Give this a try and see where you may need some closure. Be sure to visit Donnaleigh’s web site and blog for all kinds of Tarot goodies.
Have a very Happy Tarot’ing and Prosperous New Year!