For the Spring Equinox Blog Hop, I chose the Joie de Vivre Taort by Paulina Cassidy. The name alone “Joy of Living”, and all the bunnies and bugs that live in this deck, remind me of spring and the new life that comes with the season.
I have randomly selected the Page of Wands for my inspiration and secret ingredient for this post. Won’t you join me on a Joyful-Journey as we jump into Spring?
Everyone, say hello to Carny. He seems a very happy fellow and as he dances along he blows his horn announcing that Spring has arrived. “A fresh perspective will bring new adventures and ideas that are waiting to be set in motion. Creative restlessness within is ready to burst forth. Be inventive in your approach, and find a new area of self expression.” lwb
Our task for this blog-hop was to create a recipe using our card of inspiration, and mine is the Page of Wands. I imagine he happily marches along, bringing messages of joy, and spreading happiness and hope along the way. My recipe will be made with ingredients, when combined, will show you how to cook up a recipe for bringing Hope to the season.
For me, Spring always conjures feelings of joy and hope as we leave behind the cold and dark of winter and look forward to warmer temperatures and sunny days. Everything springs with a renewed vitality in energy, bright color, warm temperatures, and smells. So, let’s get cooking.
The Eight of Cups will take you higher – to soar un-tethered up out of the mire – leaving behind the weight of the darkness – and the disillusion of promises broken.
Add just a smidge of the Page of Cups – for he brings letters of love to lift you up – A nudge he will give you to follow your heart – and bring new ideas for a brand new start.
A pinch from the Magician will add spice to your life – For you never know what he has hid up his sleeve. His tools of the trade and a slight of the hand – add just the right touches, his will is yours to command.
The Ace of Swords will help bind it all up – Clearing away any clouds of doubt – No illusions found here, no room for dismay – Hope springs eternal as the Old One would say – A powerful life force to help us along our way.
It is with Hope in our hearts and a spring in our step that we welcome this new bright Spring Equinox! Won’t you have a heaping helping with me?
I’d also like to share one of my very favorite Spring recipes, Carrot Cake: (the vanilla in this recipe = secret ingredient, Page of Wands, because vanilla enhances any recipe!)
Ingredients: Carrot Cake –
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans. Frost the cooled cake.
Happy Blog Hopping!