No matter how courageous and strong we may think we are, everyone at one time or another is afraid. Sometimes these fears are groundless and a product of our imagination running wild, but, just as many times our fears are justified. With the help of the Mystic Faerie Tarot, (illustrated by Linda Ravenscroft)and a spread created by Barbara Moore, I am going to take a look and see what it is I fear.
“A Nighttime Forest Stroll” from the Mystic Faerie Tarot Companion Book – because “a large and unfamiliar forest can be a little scary.” This spread explores your fears and looks at which parts are real, and which ones are illusion. This spread is designed to help you identify and empower you to face your fears. My stroll begins with the Nine of Wands, The Sun, Queen of Pentacles, and Seven of Pentacles.
1. What you need to know most about what you fear. That action or in-action have consequences that have to be lived with. Whether I like them or not. Those consequences may or may not have been revealed yet.
2. What aspect of your fear is real? Being exposed in the bright light of day. The consequence(s) not yet revealed, being laid bare.
3. How you can combat it? By staying grounded, balanced, staying calm and practical.
4. What aspect of your fear is an illusion? That planning and forethought aren’t needed. This is the farthest thing from the truth. Taking things as they come isn’t always the best option. It’s time for some structure and being prepared.
The last half of my stroll is with the Ace of Swords, The Hanging Fae, the Knight of Cups, and The Chariot.
5. How you can banish the illusion. Be brutally honest and objective with yourself, look directly at the situation and don’t blink.
6. What you fear the most. Having to sacrifice something dear.
7. How you can overcome it. By experiencing the deep emotions of love and trust, fully.
8. What you will learn by overcoming. Making the light and the dark work together for you. Harnessing the fear, not to smother it, but to get a measure of control.
Try this spread for yourself and discover what you learn about your fears and how to face and overcome them.